Yes..these many have been here before

Wednesday 28 October 2015

The three dilemmas of my life...Part 1

Sorry Chetan sir for using your title..it's pretty inspiring
(and sorry readers for the above lines ;))

Good Day readers!
Your friend is back with another thought in his minds...three thoughts actually.
But..let's go with the first one right now. see if u could relate to it and help yourself in this enormous buffet of doubs and possible paths.

Last year..while boarding my side to Vaishno Devi ,I met an uncle..might be 30-40 years old, styling up a goatee and had american accent which was dripping from every word he spoke..be it a war waged against tea vendor's  for adding less tea leaves or attaining heights of misery while a bargaining for a 20 rs. lays asking the shopkeeper to smuggle in extra chips!(like..seriously!)
Enough of his looks and love for money..The point is..I remember the trip ,partly ,because of my giant list of impossible wishes(even by a god standards) to be presented in front of goddess and partly due to some saintly advice that man gave to me.

The few i remember were:
U have to change yourself with your own will power and determination..no other force in this world has got power to induce a willingness to achieve something! and you should follow the path u desire..not the one our society does.

Sigh..easier said than done..ain't it

Now let me get the boat to the shore..And lead you to where this advice actually meant something for me..for every budding teenager in this country.

Right from birth..children are gifted a curiosity..to explore the world on their own conditions;zeal..to savour their every successful attempt in doing so and endeavor to continue the job until they are tired..
Here..what wen wrong-->CURIOSITY
Well not exactly whole fundamental of curiosity..but the aspect of being curious about one's future.

When I was in KG...my honest desire was to be a soldier...in first division..it changed to scientist...Class 8 approached..scientist started deeming too tough and my mind settled for doctor..class 9th showed me the faces of biology and sent the mind to panic mode. Time changes and so does minds...It took another U-turn and finally settled for an Engineer.

Many may think that this last stage and opportunity is self assessed and the step taken is with full caution and heavy debates and discussions.
Well..there are debates and discussions..but not heavy, they tend to be Hot. Hotly contested between the raiders of the opposite banks of a Nile long river called generation gap! Parents can be supportive..can be sarcastic..can be pissed off and even be imposing.
They might have looked a doctor or engineer right through the ultrasound image when you were still inside the womb or they may still be looking to you as a "I-can-do-any-miracles" man..waiting for u to put on your cape and fly towards your dreams..u see..their are both kind of people alive and kicking!

Now putting sense in those saintly thoughts...I would just like to make an appeal to all my fellow readers and bloggers..BE WHAT U ARE and WHAT U CAN BE
Your potential shall be seen by yourself and should be finetuned by your mentors..not the other way around! Take the road-less-traveled if u have to but don't fall prey to the predators like peer pressure, relative phone calls or dialogues--"What will people say" to be specific.

My first dilemma is this only..what to become..A writer?An engineer? An IAS? A Chartered accountant?....man no..if someone is also feeling the same...take my advice..be a great guy first..an ideal and responsible citizen..a shining personality and adore a noble heart in your chest than a shrewd brain on your top!

Men may come and men may go..but i go on forever, These are my favorite lines by...umm...a famed poet..(forgot the name..sorry)
The stream here is immortal and in its view..we all are equal and mortal beings...born to die..
If we are born to die someday..why not make our life blessed by choosing what to become rather than grumbling over your past influenced choices which can only jeopardize your happiness and your family's peace.

I request the readers just to take some time out and comment their life experiences in this regard..I would love to see that I'm not the only one contented with my life and to witness that my post does changes lives.

Will be back with my second dilemma soon..till then
Signing off..
Uddeshya Singh

1 comment:

  1. Awesome dude and well said..Keep up the good work and all the best.
    P.S.- The poet is Alfred Lord Tennyson who wrote "The Brook" :P

    ReplyDelete